Conferences & Meetings
Upcoming and past conferences, workshops and seminars are listed below. Each conference/workshop/seminar name links to its own page, where you can find more information about that conference, including dates, speakers and times.
BNMA 2023 Brisbane: Expanding Horizons - BNs and beyond
The 2023 Bayesian Network Modelling Association (BNMA) conference has been announced for the 1st - 3rd of November in Brisbane! In a nod to the Association's rebranding (formerly ABNMS, the Australasian Bayesian Network Modelling Society), this year's exciting conference theme is "Expanding Horizons - BNs and Beyond". We still love Bayesian networks, but let's not forget they are just one technique in an ever-expanding landscape of options for modelling the world we live in. How are these other techniques different to BNs? Are BNs ready to play nice with deep learning? Can they compete with (or complement) systems dynamics, structured equation modelling, Bayesian hierarchical models and classical statistical models? We will soon be inviting abstracts that explore these relationships and how BNs can be adapted to take advantage of advances in other techniques. Of course, we are also super-keen to hear about traditional or innovations in BN models on any topic including environment, health, defence, commerce, education or culture.
Our Brisvegas conference venue will be the stunning University of Queensland St Lucia Campus, a short bus ride from Central Brisbane. As well as the ever-popular introduction to BN workshops on the 30th and 31st of October, there will also be a student session for those who aren't quite ready to present, but would still be excited to informally discuss their work and get feedback and ideas from (very friendly!) experts in the field.
Information about past conferences, including programs and available papers, can be found below:
- ABNMS 2022: Sydney, 14-17 Nov
- ABNMS 2021: Online, 15-18 Nov
- ABNMS 2020: Online, 9-10 Dec (2-3 & 11 Dec workshops)
- ABNMS 2019: Wellington, 11-15 Nov
- ABNMS 2018: Adelaide, 4-7 Dec
- ABNMS 2017: Melbourne, 20-23 Nov
- ABNMS 2016: Perth, 22-25 Nov
- ABNMS 2015: Melbourne, 23-26 Nov
- ABNMS 2014: Rotorua, 24-27 Nov
- ABNMS 2013: Hobart, 25-28 Nov
- ABNMS 2012: Wollongong, 26-29 Nov
- ABNMS 2011: Brisbane, 21-24 Nov
- ABNMS-10: Canberra, 23-26 Nov
- ABNMS-09: Melbourne, 26-27 Nov
- Minutes from first general meeting
- Meeting of Bayesian Network Modellers (MBNM) 2007 (Link no longer available)